Monday, January 10, 2011

Half the Work: Facebook

This blog used to serve two, distinct tasks. Primarily, it's a place for me to record my ideas and observations on various subjects in a discursive fashion. In addition, though, I've also used it as a means of bringing important issues and articles by others to my readers. Over the past year, I've used my Facebook account to fill the latter task. With the easily accessed share functions attached to almost all websites, it's just quicker and easier.

I realize, though, that this keeps out readers who are not able to access my Facebook page. So, I've decided to do two things. First, I will try to cross-post those pieces that I think are especially important. And, I will 'friend' any of my readers here who would like to avail themselves of the references listed on Facebook.

Finally, in the near future I plan to start experimenting with VLOGS and am contemplating a move to Wordpress.

2 comments:

Yael said...

Yes please post here!! I avoid my facebook account like the plague :) --I don't know what it is about facebook but it just gets on my last nerve in terms of personal use. I don't want to miss out and I read here regularly

Jeffrey R. Woolf said...

OK. For you I'll do it.