Friday, October 21, 2005

And the Poison Keeps on Flowing...

I had wanted to write about the upcoming Edah/Kenes Lavie Conference. Maybe on Monday...

Meanwhile, Nehemiah Strassler is the latest one to weigh in to demonize the 'settlers'. What's ironic is that I'm in the middle of preparing a paper entitled, 'The Devil's Hoofs: The Medieval Roots of the Protocols,' that I'll be delivering next Sunday at a conference at Boston University marking a century since the publication of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. And here comes Strassler and shows that the dynamic behind the Protocols is alive and well, as he blames the New Jew, the 'Settler' for all of Israel and the World's woes.

Now I remember why I decided to give up reading the newspaper on Shabbat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No newspapers on Shabbat is definitely the best policy: Gideon Levy's columns always used to make me feel particularly ill.

Anonymous said...

strassler's tone is unacceptable.

however, if possible one should try to analyze the truth of what he says. stripped of vitriol, he makes some fair and valid points and they deserve thought.