Monday, June 27, 2005

What Went Wrong?

I normally don't get publically involved in the musings of other bloggers. However, Chayyei Sarah has been so frank asnmd honest about her conflicted feelings about the retreat from Gaza, that I felt she deserves a kudo. The way she's been describing her thoughts, it's clear that she is grappling with the issue in the principled way I've been advocating here.
In order to help, I would suggest she read 'What Went Wrong by Bernard Lewis (see the interview here). Lewis, without reference to this specific issue, explains how the so-called disengagement (without any connection to Jewish religio-nastional considerations) reflects a fundamentally flawed (and potentially racist) attitude toward the Muslim world, of which the Palestinians are an integral part. (I would also recommend his prescient article The Return of Islam [Hebrew version] and, of course, Semites and Anti-Semites). See here, too.
Of course, there are critical intra-Israeli issues involved here, as well. These, however, get all of the limelight and there is no need for me to comment thereupon (for now).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, and I'm bookmarking it. However, please note that you can't give someone a "kudo." "Kudos" is the Greek word for praise, and it is not a plural.