Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Welcome Addition

I just came across a blog entitled, Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel. It's by woman named Katie-Yael who describes herself as:

...I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.

Judging from her postings, she'll be a welcome addition to our happy little family of Anglos. I realy wish her every bit of success here. Ken Yirbu!

1 comment:

treppenwitz said...

Funny to hear you say so... I've been thinking the same thing about Katie-Yael to myself for some time now.

She certainly seems like a breath of fresh air...